Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

North Carolina or bust

Back in October I went to NC to see my sister & her family! I had so much fun getting to hang out with the kid :)

We went to the "pumpkin patch" with Josiah's class where we decorated small pumpkins, and went on a hayride.




















  I got to watch Chandler play soft ball. She's pretty good to, she got a few hits and made it on base :)


It was a little cold at the games but we managed to stayed warm....


At the last game the boys went to play on the playground by the ball field.  At one point Garrison came over and said there were "mean boys" at the playground.  Aunt Kimber came to the rescue and went to the playground to see what was going on.  Much to my dismay there was a bully :(  The boys were fine but I was so upset I couldn't sleep that night!! We kept the boys with us for the rest of the game and thankfully mommy's phone kept them entertained. 

We took a drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway to look at the changing leaves.... They weren't as great this year, but it was better than the green to brown we have here in Austin.



We stopped at an overlook to enjoy the weather and take a break from the car. The view was beautiful!





As we sat there a worm crawled onto my shoe-
 
 We had fun watching it crawl around. The boys kept a close eye on it and Chandler made sure no one stepped on it.
One of the afternoons I was there Kara, Bennett & I went to the Kersey Valley  Zipline.  It was a lot of fun, a little long, but fun! I should have pictures of this but I don't think they have sent them to my sister yet.  If I get them I'll add them later. The rest of the trip was a blur of running errands, playing with the kids and carving a pumpkin!
As much as they fight they really do love each other!
Yummy Yummy food in NC :)








Garrison got a new pacifier and wanted to share them with Garrison
















He LOVES Pumpkins!





Chandler realized I was leaving while she was a swim practices so she was quite sad during our last book reading.


After I got home I realized I didn't get any good pictures with all three kids at the same time :(  (we'll have to make sure we get some at Easter) I wish NC & TX were close, I miss them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment