Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A gift for a friend

I needed a birthday gift for a friend but nothing I found was right. Her birthday came and went and I STILL didn't have her gift (I'm kind of a bad friend). I decided to make her something but then couldn't decide what to make. One day I realized I should make her an ornament! I decided to etch butterflies onto one of my glass ornaments and then put butterfly cutouts inside it. Now that I knew what I was gonna make I couldn't wait to get started.

I used my sisters cricut to cut out small butterflies and stuck them all over the ornament.
I applied the etching cream and let is set about 5-7 minutes. The glass is thin so it didn't need long.
Then I got to the hard part- cutting out all the butterflies to put inside. I have a butterfly punch but it's for doing corners of paper. So I had to get creative to them them all cut.

I decided to cut strips of construction paper and stack them 6 pages thick. But 6 butterflies at a time isn't much when you're trying to fill an ornament.













  I got it filled to here and decided that is looked cute and stopped cutting out butterflies.







They looked cute all stacked in the ornament :)












I added some ribbon and it was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment