Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ornaments round 2

Back at Easter my sister found a new egg decorating idea in Martha Stewart's magazine. We used electrical tape as a "stencil" that you can move around to make different patters while dying the eggs. When I was trying to decide what to do with the 2 5/8" glass ornaments I remembered the egg thing and decided to try it for etching the ornaments. I also tried using hole reinforcements so get perfect circles.  Both worked like a charm! The electrical tape wrapped around the ornament fairly easy, I just had to make sure all the edges were sealed. Since I cut the tape to make it smaller it made a cool wavy effect to the etching.









 
 I added glitter to some, left some plain, and filled a few with random things like tinsel and hot chocolate (I got a simple hot chocolate recipe from my sister). So much fun to make and give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment