Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Costers. So fun, so easy!

So I saw this coaster DIY and I wanted to try it so bad! My friend Julie saw the same blog so we called my sister Keisha and did a craft night to try it out.  We were all ready to go with our clearance coasters, used the cricut to cut out our designs and we were ready to go... or so we thought.  Julie had what we thought was etching cream... I did a coaster let it set 5ish minutes and excitedly went to wash the cream off! AND the tile washed clean. Thinking I did something wrong I tried it again but got the same result. We couldn't figure out what was wrong so we let it set longer but got the same result.  As it turns out the etching "cream" was a paint that looked like etching. Oops! So I quickly headed to my favorite craft store Hobby Lobby and bought actual etching cream and  it worked like a charm! I added some cork to the back so it soak up any water that leaked through & not scratch my tables.   I did a set of 4 and I love them :D  I even made some for my friend Kate when she got married (I forgot to take a photo of them though, bummer).

No comments:

Post a Comment