Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Too cute to not make!

So on One Pretty Thing I started seeing the cutest onesies! I don't have kids (working on the finding a husband thing before the kid thing) but I have nephews and several friends with or to soon have kids :)  The first one I wanted to try was a painted tie. 
 
I gathers the necessary supplies:
freezer paper
fabric paint
onesie (washed with out fabric softener, air dried, ironed flat)
paint brush 
The tie pattern from the blog (because I can't draw to save myself!!)
and card board (so the paint doesn't leak to the back of the onesie)
Since I'm still new to blogging thing so I didn't take pictures of the whole process. Sorry! I traced the tie pattern onto the dull side of the freezer paper and used the cutter to make it into a stencil. Thanks to this blog I learned about freezer paper stencils. I think my mom knew about them but I didn't. After it was cut out  I ironed the freezer paper shinny side down on to the onesie and made sure all the edges were completely stuck. Then I painted with the black paint making sure to cover the fabric well. When it was almost dry I pulled the freezer paper off and had a cute little tie! I let it dry over night and then took the cut out of the tie and ironed it shinny side down on the paint so it would put a wax seal on the paint to set it.

I was so excited about how it turned out (I did a sold tie for the first one). I quickly make a striped tie, following the pattern on the pdf file. I also make blue and green striped ties that I gave away before taking pictures.
I then got super brave and tried my hand at pinstripes! Not to bad for someone who can't draw a straight line.
    I had a coworker who was pregnant with a girl so I searched for some girlie onesie ideas and found this heart idea.  Looks cute and easy right... WRONG! I guess I had the toilet paper roll "folded" wrong... needless to say I didn't give this to her.
Nope I moved on to plan b. That was using a set of foam stamps I found at a store.  I love stamps they make my crafting so much easier!!

It think these turned out pretty cute!  I bought more onesies back on tax free weekend so I'm still searching for more ideas. I'll post pictures once I finally take the time to make them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment