Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who doesn't love hair bows?

So a while back I saw a how to blog on Korker Bows & it looks so easy I had to try it! The blogger said she used 1/4 inch ribbon but I decided that was smaller than that I wanted. So I went with 3/8 and I liked how it turned out :)  Not to say that I won't make some smaller ones for babies/toddlers in the future now that I know how easy they really are to make!

I gathered my supplies
Ribbon
Lighter (to seal the ends of the ribbon)
Scissors 
Wire
Wire cutters (needle nose pliers saved me a trip to the store)
and 1/4in dowel rod (cut in half to fit in my oven)
   TIME FOR SOME FUN :D






 So I uncurled some of the ribbon from the roll, laid it on the counter and this is what it did! It made me laugh.












I wrapped the rod in ribbon, maybe it was a little bit closer together than I should have... it worked, but next time I'll leave more space.







Baking time! 20 minutes at 275 degrees... perfections!










Letting them cool off & fully set to keep their shape.











After I uncurled the ribbon from the rod I cut them down (in half, in half again etc) till they were the size I wanted.


For this bow I sewed the ribbon together, tied it to the clip and then hot glued it all together. It worked pretty well.












This bow I did pink and red (you can't tell in the picture) with a white button in the middle.














And this one I did for my niece Chandler- She wanted Gold & Red (her school colors). I hope she likes it! I'll post a picture of Chandler with the bow once I mail it to her. Man I wish that girl lived closer to me :(
For this bow stacked the ribbon curls and tied them with a string (so it could be tied tight) then I folded a piece of gold ribbon in half and covered the string. I then tied it onto the clip and hot glued it in a few places so it will hopefully stay put.

All the bows got a coat of Aqua Net to help them keep their shape and with that they are ready to be worn.

 I gave the first two bows I made to my other niece Isabella & she loved them. The other day she asked her mom for "Bows names is Aunt Kimber made for me" :)

I have plenty of ribbon left so I'll be making a bunch more bows! It's a good thing I have friends having babies!!

2 comments:

  1. today was "funky fro" day at my nanny kids school. This morning we did Pinky's hair in tons of little buns and ponys with these kind of bows attached. Her head was a like a big pom pom, it was awesome. I didn't realize I could make them though. hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome!! Yep, you can make them yourself & they are super easy! Another blog I follow- girl with a glue gun - has a whole page of hair stuff you can make. http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/01/hair-crap-linky-party.html
    She has more korker bow how to as well :)

    ReplyDelete